Enjoy These Blends
Luxury tea blender to Michelin chefs, five star hotels & tea lovers alike.
"Enjoy a Mexican sangría in this exotic combination of hibiscus and berries both rich in antioxidants and high in flavonols and polyphenols. [The drink] is sweetened with agave nectar (sugar where tequila is from) a low-glycemic sweetener that does not spike the blood sugar level.
1,2,3 …. TEA QUILA!!!!!” - Fredo Sanchez, Tequila Barista at Four Seasons Punta Mita
Keywords: Cocktails, Mixology, Tequila
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 2 Tbsp. TEALEAVES Mountain Berry Loose Leaf Tea
- 1 ½ Oz. White Tequila
- 1 Oz. Agave Nectar
- ½ Lemon (Juice)
- 1 Lime (Juice)
- 3 Oz. Soda Water
- Berries, Lime and Lemon, For Garnish
- Use 2 Tbsp. of TEALEAVES Mountain Berry Loose Leaf Tea per 237 mL (8 oz.) of water. Pour hot water over the leaves and steep for 5 minutes. Strain tea out and set aside to cool.
- Pour ice into a 12 Oz. glass.
- Add tequila, lime juice, lemon juice, soda water and mix with the agave nectar.
- Add the Mountain Berry tea slowly.
- Garnish with half moon limes and lemons.
- Serve with a skewer of frozen berries as a stirrer.
Alfredo Sanchez is the Tequila Barista at Four Seasons Punta Mita in Mexico, where he often educates and enlightens guests during their stay with unique and tantalizing tequila-tasting experiences. He pushes the boundaries of innovation and enables guests to discover the complexities of each and every tequila drink – it is no surprise we have invited him to the Tealeaves family as one of our fantastic ICONS.
Alfredo uses his talents to mix traditional Mexican ingredients with tequila in unconventional ways, such as dabbling in molecular mixology. With unique ingredients, he strives to bring out tequila’s many layers, flavours, and complexities. Some of the ingredients he uses include tequila shots chased with orange and grapefruit wedges, chili powder-dusted pineapple, chunks of dark chocolate, or red and green sangrita.