Enjoy These Blends
Luxury tea blender to Michelin chefs, five star hotels & tea lovers alike.
Tea-Infused Homemade Apple Pie
Short on kitchen spices? Add a tea-infused twist to a fall time favorite with TEALEAVES’ Organic Apple Pie - your new secret ingredient! Delight in comfort with an added layer of autumn apples and sweet spice, enveloped in a buttery pie crust. Need we say more?
- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- 5 Tbsp. TEALEAVES Apple Pie Tea
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 2 ½ Cups All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter (cut into small pieces)
- 4 Tbsp. Cold Water
- 1 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 6 Apples (peeled & sliced)
- 2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 Large Egg (beaten)
- Coarse Sugar for Sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar and salt.
- Pulse in the cold butter to mixture in a food processor until the dough begins to come together.
- In a small bowl add egg and water and beat the egg.
- Steep 5 tablespoons of TEALEAVES Organic Apple Pie in ½ cup of 82° C / 180° F water for 1 minute. Strain into egg mixture.
- Slowly pour the liquid into the flour mixture. Mix until you can form a ball.
- Divide the dough into 2 sections between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pat each into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm.
- Peel and core the apples; slice 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with sugar lemon juice, flour, salt, and ¼ cups of steeped tea until well combined.
- Roll out 1 disk of dough into a 15-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 11-inch pie plate.
- Assemble apples into the baking dish and place the dish in the fridge.
- Remove the second dough from the fridge and roll into a 15” circle, then cut into 1 ½ inch (3.5 cm) strips.
- Remove the pie from the fridge, carefully weave the strips to form a cross pattern. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp with your fingers.
- Brush the top crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Chill 1 hour.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 min, or until golden.