Enjoy These Blends
Luxury tea blender to Michelin chefs, five star hotels & tea lovers alike.
What happens when you combine a delicate French pastry with Japanese tea for healthy goodness? A delicious little baked treat you can indulge in without the guilt. Matcha madeleines are easy to make, taste fantastic and are good for you. They are the perfect pastry to share with friends or simply to satisfy your own sweet cravings.
Keywords: CherryBlossom, Pastry, Madeleine, Matcha
- Prep Time: 1 hours 0 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 1 hours 12 mins
- 1 Tablespoon Tealeaves Tencha Matcha (Master Blend No. 5005)
- ⅔ cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Honey
- 1 ¼ cup Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- Combine matcha and sugar until mixture is smooth.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and flavored sugar. Add honey and whip until the mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Sift together flour, salt and baking power in bowl.
- Add flour to above egg mixture and mix low until blended together.
- Slowly stir in melted butter.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator (minimum 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 ºC.
- Grease madeleine mold with butter and dust with flour.
- Fill madeleine molds with 1 tablespoon of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven. Remove madeleines from madeleine tray.
- Best savored warm with a cup of tea or a warm friend or both. Either way, enjoy!
United by the appreciation for the transient beauty of life, nature and the culinary arts, we work to capture the moment – blending together the spirit of the season, people and ideas. TEALEAVES presents Cherry Blossom, #AFTERNOONTEALEAVES.