Enjoy These Blends
Luxury tea blender to Michelin chefs, five star hotels & tea lovers alike.
Created at St. Regis San Francisco by Mixologists Scott Berg and Eric Lauer.
Notes from Scott Berg, Mixologist at the St. Regis, San Francisco:
“We used Chef Franck’s poached pears to create a simple syrup. It’s very unique in that it has a very sweet profile, and took two days to let the pear syrup fully infuse and mingle with the flavors of the Nutcracker tea syrup.”
Servings: 1 Cocktail
Keywords: Mixology, Cocktail, Holiday
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- 2 oz. TEALEAVES Nutcracker Loose Leaf Tea
- 1 oz. Calvados Apple Brandy
- 1 oz. Dussé Cognac
- 1 Dash Old Fashioned Bitters
- 1 Dash Lemon Juice
Nutcracker Tea Syrup
- 1 cup TEALEAVES Nutcracker Loose Leaf Tea
- ½ cup cup Sugar
- 3 ½ cups Boiling Water
- ½ cup Pear Syrup (see below)
- 2 Anjou pear, peeled
- 2 kg Water
- 750 g Sugar
- 4 Star Anise, whole
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Combine all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake together.
- Strain (if using fresh lemon juice).
Nutcracker Tea Syrup
- Steep the Nutcracker tea for 20 minutes (anything longer will be bitter) in the 3 cups of boiling water.
- Strain the tea using a TEALEAVES French tea press.
- Combine the tea with the pear syrup and mix well.
- Let the syrup sit overnight before using.
- Bring all the ingredients except the pear to a boil.
- Add the pear and bring the heat down to simmer.
- Poach the pear for 18-20 minutes, or until a knife goes through the pear with a slight resistance.
- Remove the pears from the poaching liquid and reserve in the refrigerator.
In time for the holidays, TEALEAVES, in a collaboration with 15+ ballet companies, 10+ luxury hotel partners, and an antiquarian horologist, launched the worldwide Nutcracker #AfternoonTEALEAVES: Gifts of Time initiative. The project is a twist to the traditional gift guide that offers experiential pairings to afternoon tea, themed after the story of the Nutcracker, and celebrates the arts, true craftsmanship, and spending quality time with others.
Piece together your real-life Nutcracker fairytale and explore various ‘Gifts of Time’. Journey to https://www.tealeaves.com/pages/afternoon-tealeaves-nutcracker.